Tilden Preparatory School has been fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and our college-preparatory curriculum has been fully accepted by the University of California and the California State University systems.
Conclusions from the WASC 2012 Visiting Committee Report
Tilden Preparatory School has accomplished or exceeded all of the recommendations of the previous committee.
After a thorough review of the school it is apparent that the school has embraced the recommendations left by the former visiting committee and all have been dealt with. Tilden Preparatory School is in excellent condition and is a prime example of an exemplary independent school and should be proud of its accomplishments.
The Visiting Committee would like to commend the school on the following:
- The name change
- The addition of a campus in Walnut Creek
- The fact that students can present ideas for new courses
- The obvious dedication of the entire staff
- The positive feedback from students and parents
- The obvious serenity level of students
- The expansion of space at the Albany campus allows students an area to meet, socialize and study
- The inclusion of a community service element
- Tilden Preparatory School has moved to a new level!
"I highly recommend Tilden... Our son completed his AP Chemistry class there during the summer - a very challenging course - and had a great experience. He is now finishing his senior year and has been accepted to the four colleges he has applied to."Tilden Parent