Preparation for College
We offer a rigorous college preparatory, honors, and AP curriculum. Our UC-approved courses exceed California education standards and college entrance requirements. Our graduates are regularly admitted to University of California and California State University programs as well as private colleges throughout the United States.
In addition mastering the academic material, our students learn how to learn. Our teachers nurture the development of executive functioning and study skills and encourage self-directed learning that will carry a student through college.
We’re happy to meet with you to discuss your options for college. We can help you understand the requirements for admission to UC/CSU and private colleges as well as provide letters of recommendation for your college applications.
How Tilden Preparatory School Assists Students during the College Admissions Process:
- Assure accuracy of high school transcripts
- Alert students to college entrance exam dates and scholarship offerings
- Courses in SAT I, SAT II, and PSAT preparation
- Administer the PSAT to 10th and 11th graders
- Administer proctored SAT practice tests
- Inform students and parents of college representative visits and local college fairs
- Letters of recommendation
- Submit transcripts, School Reports, and Mid-Year Reports
- Feedback on students’ personal statements
- Provide students and families with the student’s online course summary, which shows the courses a student must complete by the end of fall and spring semesters in order to be eligible for college admission
- College counselor services on an as-needed basis and outside referrals to college counselors
Additional Information and Resources
“My son is exceptionally gifted and was very unhappy in the 'cookie-cutter' public school. He was miserable so we enrolled him in Tilden and he is a totally different person. He is happy as a clam, loves his school, loves learning, and is eager to prepare for college.”Tilden Parent